Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

NIBE 1140 - HP Alarm Problem

Options
  • 31-05-2022 6:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 2

Hello, I have “HP Alarm” error which is regularly occurring on my NIBE 1140 GSHP.

At the moment (May 2022), I am running the heat pump in Summer mode as I only want to heat water. 

When the HP alarm activates, it automatically switches to Winter Mode supplying space heating only (which I dont want) and NO HOT WATER.

The HP alarm is reset by restarting heat pump which will then return to Summer mode.

I have noted the following in menus 1.4 (Start Temp- set at 47C) and 1.5 (Stop Temp set at 54C)

After the heat pump has heated the water and temp exceeds the 54C stop point, the settings in both of these menus changes to “minus” eg “-2C”.

If I press the enter button in these menus,

If I intervene when the settings go to “-2”, the settings return to 47C and 54C respectively.

This will stop the HP alarm from activating.

My question is: "What is causing the 1.4 (47C) and 1.5 (54C) settings to change to “-2”.

I have tried to follow the various sections relating to HP Alarm in the Manual, but have had no success.

I suspect that it may that the High Temp Switch does not shut down the Heat Pump, and the Settings revert to (-2C) after the high temp setting has been exceeded.

If that is the case, then I will just book a service with NIBE and get it fixed.

However, Im just curious if any other NIBE user has come across this problem and if so, what was the remedy.

Thank you in advance for any suggestions.

Killeenleigh

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2 Killeenleigh

Hello.

I booked a service call with Greenlight Solutions. The engineer called today and had everything sorted in about an hour. It was a combination of poor settings and also I allowed the water pressure to be too high in the circuit. My conclusion is that the operating manual for 1140 does not give adequate instructions to resolve the type of problem that I had. The factory settings outlined in manual were not appropriate for efficient running of the heat pump. It was great to be able to draw from the experience of the Greenlight Solutions Engineer. It was a learning exercise for the general running of the HP. More importantly, it fixed the problem. 😊

Advertisement