Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

three.ie harassment

Options
  • 31-05-2022 1:24pm
    Registered Users Posts: 24

Sorry to post here if it's the wrong forum. Can somebody kindly direct me to the right place if that's the case?

I'm being harassed daily by three.ie for an outrageous (to me, anyway) amount of money, this following an agreement made to resolve the situation, which they now seem to be ignoring. It may seem like a minor irritation, but it's actually debilitating and depressing.

I was cold-called by three four/five months ago, offering a high speed wireless connection. I agreed and they sent me the router hardware. Next day an installer came and after some testing he told me there wasn't a strong enough signal and abandoned the installation.  I continued using my existing connection and equipment from a different supplier.

I did no more and didn't really think about it any further. I suppose I assumed the installer would report to them and they would contact me with arrangements to collect the hardware.

I heard no more until three weeks ago, when I received a bill for €830-odd. I called and they said I had a 14-day cooling-off period from the original agreement over the phone and after that I owed them this money if I didn't proceed. (The reason I didn't hear from them in the meantime was, I assume, because the offer was three months free up front.)

"It's in the contract", they said. Maybe it is (I didn't keep it), but it's obviously entirely outrageous to expect an €800 ransom for about €100 worth of equipment that they didn't bother to collect or never asked for before demanding the money. I never even opened the box.

After a 45-minute heated argument on the phone, they agreed to reinstate the contract on a line connection and cancel the €830. They would now get €50/month that they wouldn't otherwise get. I would have to pay an early cancellation fee to my existing supplier but I was satisfied to settle for that and relieved that the hassle was over, as I thought.

A few days later, I get a call from India – "you owe us €830". I get this call every day now. Every day I  tell them about the deal, ask them to check their records and the recording of the conversation about the deal and ask them not to call me back again except to confirm. Next day, "you owe us €830".

Any ideas? 

Comments

Advertisement