Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

At an Impasse

• 31-05-2022 11:42am
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 292 ✭✭

Ex and I agreed a buy out settlement in January of this year. On foot of that I have appointed solicitor and have civil bill ready to go. They have not responded to any correspondence from my solicitor in the intervening period and have not provided their solicitors details.

A temporary protection order was granted also in January and there is a barring & protection order hearing pending very shortly. Ex's behavour is controlling & verbally abusive, drug habit in play with a minor in the home.

Ex offered to vacate the home prior to to the hearing if I had it struck out but has now advised that they are going nowhere until buy out money is handed over (half of current equity so a very fair deal considering). Ex has done nothing (not even consulted with solicitor, nevermind appointed one) until late last week meaning there is no time to progress anything prior to Barring/Protection hearing. They are telling me they will simply stay put, have hearing adjourned indefinately and basically make life a living hell until I hand over the money.

Ex wants hearing struck out, and money handed over now. It has been clear since the outset of the agreement that the court date & buy out offer were wholly dependent on them vacating the property and the divorce settled and that the originally offered sum will no longer be available after the date they offered and committed to moving out. Simply put they cannot be trusted to uphold any agreements (they previously offered dates to vacate in February and March), committed to moving out prior to hearing and are now reneiging on that so it's difficult to trust them. I should add that they have accommodation arranged free of rent & ready to move into.

How does one progress this? Obviously my legal team are advising to pay nothing until ex moves out and divorce is settled but by the same token ex's legal team are advising not to move out until money is paid. Not sure if Solicitors can speak directly yet as ex has not actually appointed anyone, rather has had brief phone consult & is "trying" to get an appointment, so has probably been given stock answers until their solicitor in fully briefed on all the details.

Has anyone any advice other than staunching it out & playing hardball here please? Obviously it is an increadibly stressful position to be in and I'm unsure how much longer I can live like this, to say nothing of the damage it is causing to the minor in the home

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 17,757 Mod ✭✭✭✭Henry Ford III

Could you start divorce proceedings?

Advertisement