Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread ban for having the temerity to have a different opinion to a Mod

Options
  • 31-05-2022 11:17am
    Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭

I have been thread banned from the Ukrainian refugees in Ireland thread for having the absolute cheek to hold a different personal point of view to Beasty within his fiefdom.

Beasty believes that we should take in all Ukrainian people, men, women and children. And in fairness to him, he’s claimed that he has offered accommodation for people to stay in a property.

I merely stated that any man that has broken the law and left Ukraine while of fighting age should be given a white feather, much like those of European and US extraction were given during the 2 World Wars. That is literally it, that’s the thread ban. Now my post was SO incendiary that it’s still there on the thread.

“Govt should be giving them all white feathers.” Is the direct quote. Posted in this thread, and on this page. Can’t see post number as I use safari to access Boards.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058240416/ukrainian-refugees-in-ireland-megathread/p113

I did try to resolve it via PM, with no luck (there’s a surprise) and I believe Beasty is looking at this through personal eyes rather than a Mods eyes. His own personal feelings shouldn’t come into a modding decision.

I would be eternally grateful if another Mod could cast a fresh and impartial eye on the thread and see if you feel the thread ban was warranted.

Thanks.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

As I told you I am happy to deal with this

You were encouraging posters to hand white feathers to adult mal Ukrainians. You have no idea why any specific individual may have left Ukraine, or indeed if they had left the country since the invasion. You were inciting others to confront Ukrainian men. You were trolling, You were being a dick

Your threadban will not be lifted

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

Hang on a minute here. Let’s deal in facts here and not fabrications.

I NEVER encouraged ANY member of the public to confront ANYONE. That is a absolute lie. I don’t mind getting banned or warned because I’ve lost my temper or got too emotional, but you are downright lying about this.

A moderator who is willing to lie to ban someone is a very slippery slope for Boards to be on.

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

You stated

"Govt should be giving them all white feathers."

Before that you stated

"Golds Gym is a famous gym in LA. He's not in LA in any of his videos. He is in Phoenix Gym in Kharkiv. He's a deserter. I believe during WW's people were given white feathers as a mark of their cowardice."

OI told you after that first post to drop your speculation. But you chose to raise teh white feather point for a second time. That was inciting others to do something similar

Your threadban remains

• Registered Users Posts: 4,177 ✭✭✭Fandymo

I stayed that the government should hand them out, quite different to your outrageous lies about “encouraging posters to hand white feathers to adult mal (sic) Ukrainians.”

White feathers aren’t speculation. It is a historical fact that cowards were handed them.

At the start of World War I, Admiral Charles Fitzgerald, who was a strong advocate of conscription wanted to increase the number of those enlisting in the armed forces. Therefore he organized on 30 August 1914 a group of thirty women in his home town of Folkestone to hand out white feathers to any men that were not in uniform. Fitzgerald believed using women to shame the men into enlisting would be the most effective method of encouraging enlistment. The group that he founded (with prominent members being Emma Orczy and the prominent author Mary Augusta Ward) was known as the White Feather Brigade or the Order of the White Feather.

Your admiration for cowards is odd.

I know all about white feathers. Your speculation related to Ukrainian refugees

Threadban remains

Thread closed

• Advertisement
This discussion has been closed.
Advertisement