Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bikefest 2022 - Killarney

Options
  • 30-05-2022 9:23pm
    Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭

It’s that’s time of year again with Bikefest in Killarney kicking off this Friday, June 3rd.

Anyone from on here planning to go?

Will be travelling from Cork side, just not decided whether I’ll be going on Friday or Saturday.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 324 ✭✭Tech_Head

• Registered Users Posts: 3 Minnieme2

Unfortunately I cant make it to killarney this year, but looking forward to going to the ABR festival in the uk in a few weeks

Killarney is always good craic and gets better and better each year.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,346 ✭✭✭nigeldaniel

Myself and the brother go at the weekends largely for the Harley test runs although the bikefest itself has been dropping back a bit these last few years. Lots of bikes shops were their original but now its just the Harleys. The tributes bands and the tattoos indoors are sound. As I said it used to be great but only just so now.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 251 ✭✭davidglanza

Heading down from cork on saturday morning...

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Melted

Whats the Craic with this is it all Harley davidsons and cruiser type bikes? Would I be given the sons of arnarchy death stare if I rocked up in my japanese sport bike?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭D3V!L

No bother at all on what you turn up on, a good few Honda 50ts attended a few years back and had a rare ol time.

Dan.

Stall wise it seems to be primary HDs but won’t be what I’m arriving on 😁

• Registered Users Posts: 110 ✭✭Prospectors

Do you need to book the demo rides in advance or do you just sign up when you arrive?

I didn’t see anything about booking in advance on the site. Looks like it might be first come, first served but haven’t been to one before.

Someone else might be able to say for sure.

• Advertisement

Book down at the stations. They also have a Livewire on a rolling road that you can try out.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

Looked at the online brochure, looks fairly shite

You should try a visit if you are interested.

Good people, bar and some great food. Even if you aren’t too interested in HD bikes, there’s a great atmosphere.

Well, that's another year almost over for bikefest. Smokey as hell barbies aside it was a nice event. Not quite the tops like 8 years ago but nice all the same. The number of stalls selling stuff has dropped to an all-time low, most likely due to Brexit I am guessing as a lot of them come over with the Demo Rides from Hogs. I do hope more bike companies are allowed to get involved in the future having demo rides from other bikes would be nice as I meet a lot of folks disappointed to find the Harleys were always booked out within an hour or so in the mornings. The number of Harleys on hand was also a far cry from years gone by.

The outdoor gigs were great too. pity the cheeky cherries hillbillys from the states don't ever make it over. They do a great dance and jive routine.

Dan.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,460 ✭✭✭omerin

Probably not much of a marketing budget for ireland from manufacturers and their resellers here. A bit of arrogance and complacency too maybe. I guess brexit didn't help too, limiting a buyer's options

• Registered Users Posts: 157 ✭✭Melted

It was my first time at this festival. Usually is there other vedors than HD? would have like to test ride something other that a cruiser.

Advertisement