Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Radiotherapy for cats

Options
  • 29-05-2022 10:05pm
    Registered Users Posts: 183 ✭✭

Hi

I'm wondering if anyone has had any experience with travelling for this type of treatment?

Our 7 year old cat has just been diagnosed with a large inter axial mass in his forebrain which is unfortunately inoperable. We are still waiting on the full report back from UCD on the mri to determine what the mass might be however they mentioned radiotherapy would be an option but that this is not available in Ireland.

I have been looking into places that carry this out and the nearest I can find is Liverpool and tbh we would have to weigh up the stress this would put him under as he is not a good traveller but we wouldn't forgive ourselves If we didn't at least look into it..

If anyone has done this for their pet could you possibly touch base with me so I can an get idea of your experience etc?..

Thank you

Advertisement