Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Alarm Issue around Beacon South Quarter / Cubes

Options
  • 29-05-2022 12:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

I own an apartments in around Beacon SQ and within last 2 weeks we had alarm in the office building located by 17 Corrig Road going off at random times during the night almost every night. It typically it goes off any time between 1AM and 7AM for an hour or so, stops for 10 minutes and goes off again for until it gets stopped in the morning. Needless to say we can't sleep during that times.

Garda is of no help as they say it's a civil matter. I tried passing a message to the owner/management company through the building tenants without much luck. The issue starts affecting more and more and I'm really out of options.

Leaving aside the stoicism of Cubes residents who probably hear it every night too, I wonder what options do I have? Garda said the alarm isn't hooked up to them, so it's either up in the air or connected to another security company. They said if nothing else worked I might consider a 'solicitor letter', which I'm totally new to as I never had issue like that before.

I wonder if any people from the area experienced the same issue as myself and possibly made some progress with resoling it? What would be your advise in this situation anyway.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 430 ✭✭lil5

The council Environmental Health Officers might be a good point of contact ‐

https://www.dlrcoco.ie/en/environment/noise-pollution

• Registered Users Posts: 28,596 ✭✭✭✭AndrewJRenko

Call around to the business where the alarm is located during the day, and make the level of disruption arising very clear to them. You can take a District Court case for noise pollution, but you really just need them to fix their alarm.

• Registered Users Posts: 592 ✭✭✭TheWonderLlama

if the place is occupied during the day, call them, tell them the issue and ask for the 24 hour response number. If they don't have one, ask them for a number you should call at 2 in the morning when it goes off.

Give them a chance to fix it, but if it persists, log the calls and complain each time to the OMC and council.

Advertisement