Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Connecting flight question

Options
  • 28-05-2022 7:00am
    Registered Users Posts: 47

Hi All, I'm travelling to Tirana in a couple of weeks and just wondering how the connection works as I don't travel much.

I'm flying from Dublin to Munich and then Munich to Tirana all on one booking that I made with Swiss. I booked on Swiss but the flights are both being operated by Lufthansa.

I'm going to have one checked in bag.

Does this mean that I can check my bag in at Dublin and not see it again until Tirana?

And when I get off the plane in Munich do I just follow the signs for connecting flights?

Thanks a million!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,253 ✭✭✭Oops!

When you check in your bag you won't see it again till Tirana.... Yes it will be on your boarding pass, just ask one of the staff and they will direct you to the right gate to check in when you land in the terminal in Munich.

• Registered Users Posts: 47 bluefivetwo23

• Registered Users Posts: 2,794 ✭✭✭Xcellor

Generally you will get boarding card for connecting flight if you are checking bags to final destination. You just need to confirm at initial check in.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,294 ✭✭✭YellowFeather

You shouldn’t have to check in again at Munich. You can just stay inside (unless you have time and want to do a bit of exploring in the city).

The airport has a lot of shops already though - some of them quite expensive high range ones, but some less eye wateringly expensive - €3,000 for a small handbag, ummmmm, maybe not today… But lots of places to get food or water for the next leg.

There’s transport available to transfer you if you need to go through terminals as it’s a big airport. More info here:

https://www.munich-airport.com/connecting-flights-260553

I like it as an airport though. Happy flying!

Advertisement