Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Please note that it is not permitted to have referral links posted in your signature. Keep these links contained in the appropriate forum. Thank you.

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2055940817/signature-rules
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Lexus Gs300h check battery health

• 27-05-2022 7:31pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭

Hi all

looking for a good tool/app to check the battery health on my wife's 141 Lexus Gs300h ?. can be either windows or Android based

Thanks in advance

Brendan

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 65,897 ✭✭✭✭unkel
    Chauffe, Marcel, chauffe!

Any reason why you want to do that, are you new to the car and is the range on electric lower than you expected? Have you had the car a while and has the range dropped? Or are you just curious?

The Toyota / Lexus hybrid systems are very reliable and the batteries, even though they are very small and as such are cycled a huge number of times, should last a long time. Your car is only 8 years old, I would not have expected a lot of deterioration yet.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 646 ✭✭✭v240gltse

Thanks unkel

just more of a query on battery status and idle curiosity i guess.

thanks

brendan

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 2,309 ✭✭✭Miscreant

Toyota used to offer a battery health check for free with a service. I think they would do it for about €50 if you just asked. TBF, and as unkel just said, the battery is very reliable. I had an Auris hybrid with over 170k kms on it and the battery was still considered in excellent health on all the reports I got from Toyota. The car was 9 years old when I traded it in and still going strong (I just fancied a change).

Perhaps give a Toyota garage a call and ask if they still do the health check. Might be a good way to allay your fears. 🙂

Advertisement