Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cleaning and Maintaining power tools

Options
  • 27-05-2022 7:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 62 ✭✭

I took it upon myself to clean and freshly grease my Einhall jigsaw which needed attention. Got the job done and as I was returning the screws into their respective slots holding the jigsaws casing, I found that 2 of the screws refused to tighten back into their original positions. Can any of you guys assist in how I could get the screws to form a grip again.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,893 ✭✭✭10-10-20

Yeah, I did similar to my 20 year old angle-grinder - had it all nice and clean and re-greased the gearbox and sprayed the commutators and brushes clean. Then on the next job I dogged it into deep concrete and burned out the motor. Such is life.

If the threads have pulled out then you need to fill them. Try inserting the pointy-end of a fine nylon cable-tie and re-tighten and cut the trailing end.

Post edited by 10-10-20 on

Advertisement