Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Complete alarm newbie

Options
  • 27-05-2022 4:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I am due to move into a new build house in the next few weeks and would like to get an alarm. I've never lived anywhere in the past which has had an alarm so I'm completely new to it, and I know absolutely nothing about alarms.

I'm looking for a system that has sensors on the front and back door, and the windows. I am not looking for internal motion sensors. I would like the system to notify me if it is triggered. I'm not really looking for a monitored alarm, unless somebody can convince me they are worth it! I also want a camera doorbell.

With this brief list of requirements, can anybody suggest a system, with an installer and an approximate cost!

Edited to add: As seems to be the way with all new builds, it’ll need to be a wireless system

Thanks!

Post edited by DelBoy Trotter on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Thanks to a helpful member who has PMd me with a suggestion of the HKC Quantum 70, which looks promising.

Has anybody else got any suggestions for a system, with an installer and an approximate cost 😀

• Registered Users Posts: 748 ✭✭✭Paul_Mc1988

I have the HKC. Installed myself.... piece of piss to throw in. I put sensors on all windows and doors downstairs. Sensors on all rear and side windows upstairs and a motion sensor on the landing as I didn't sensor the upstairs front windows and a sensor in the garage

I have the app to Set/unset/partset. The app cost €6 for each phone. The fee to connect the alarm to the online system is about 70 a year.

As I installed myself I have the engineers code so I can do the maintenance myself without paying the €100 fee. Worth looking into. Also if going wireless you can swap out the batteries yourself too without having to pay someone.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,478 ✭✭✭DelBoy Trotter

Cheers Paul. As usual, there has been delays in getting the keys which has taken priority in getting sorted, so I will need to start looking into alarms again soon

Advertisement