Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Any suggestions for Algarve hotels

Options
  • 27-05-2022 4:30pm
    Registered Users Posts: 27

Looking for suggestions for All Inclusive Algarve hotel for 2 adults late fifties/early sixties, travelling from Dublin or Belfast airports. Ideally a hotel with good accommodation and food, evening entertainment, and a nice central location - would prefer "walkable" location rather than taking taxi to the strip/town/marina. Not fussed on pools or spa, just good hotel. Have been to Croatia, Rome, Costa del Sol, Paris etc, so not complete novices, just need suggestions on good places (or indeed what resort) to stay in. Over to you all......

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,026 ✭✭✭BraveDonut

www.booking.com

Lots of filters to narrow your search - including location. Free cancellation is my no.1 filter

• Registered Users Posts: 27 Late Learner

Yes, thank you, but I suppose I'm looking for personal recommendations from people who have found their fantastic hotel in the area and return year after year. Most of the Tripadvisor reviews are from pre pandemic, so a bit out of date as some of the properties are no longer as they were in 2019. Not knowing the area or distances, perhaps someone can enlighten me. Thanks for your response.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,030 ✭✭✭jem

Hi stayed in https://www.vilagale.com/pt/hoteis/algarve/vila-gale-ampalius before covid.

Lovely hotel, just across from the beach, very short walk to marina where there are some nice bars etc.

slightly more upmarket than the resorts around it. we were there in that may and the crowd were of a more mature age group so no lager louts etc.

handy for some bus/boat tours as well wthe latter being well worth it.

j

Advertisement