Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Plaster peeling off in bathroom

Options
  • 26-05-2022 1:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 234 ✭✭

Hi all,

So, there is some plaster which has been peeling off in my bathroom (rental). It's a small corner that is bubbling and is starting to peel off. It's right next to the shower.

I want to raise it to the LL, but I've had my fair share of dealings with them and even urgent issues took them 3 months to fix despite my chasers that went ignored (non functioning shower etc).

I'm therefore wondering if I should raise it to them as it's crystal clear it's plaster and a small area at that. I don't want them to hold me liable for it someday.

Thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,465 ✭✭✭Doop

Point it out to them so that you're covered but that doesnt mean they'll repair it as you say based on experience.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,968 ✭✭✭spaceHopper

Send them a photo of it on what's app so you know when they saw it. If it's small I'd consider buying some filler and filling it myself. If it's a small bathroom I'd also consider getting bathroom paint and doing the celling it won't take long or much and it will keep the place better for you. I you should also hover out any vents or keep a window a little open to vent it if security allows.

Advertisement