Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cavity Wall Pumped Insulation

Options
  • 24-05-2022 8:33pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7

Hi,

I got two quotes from two suppliers to do cavity wall insulation (pumped ecobead) and top up the attic insulation.

One quote was €3,450 with a grant of €2,550, so I would pay €900. This is using KOREfill beads.

The second quote for pretty much the exact same work was €4,500 with a grant of €2,800 so I'd pay €1,700.

When I queried this with the second supplier and pointed out that their quote was considerably higher, they said that was because they use genuine Kingspan Ecobead and this would be a much better product than the one the first supplier is using.

My question is, would Kingspan Ecobead be substantially better than KOREfill beads and worth paying nearly twice as much for the same job?

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,391 ✭✭✭dathi

if you look at the agrement certs for kingspan ecobeads platinum and kore fill diamond beads they both have a thermal conductivity of 0.033w/mk and both their standard beads are 0.035 w/mk . so you need to know which beads the two quotes are for. if they are for platinum and diamond then they are both the same

• Registered Users Posts: 7 Ms.Informed

Thanks Dathi,

I checked with both suppliers. Kingspan one has confirmed it's Kingspan Ecobead Platinum 0.033W/mk. 

The KOREfill one has confirmed it's Korefill Diamond bead with thermal conductivity of 0.035W/km.

(Both quoted exactly from the two emails I received)

Is the difference between 0.035W/mk and 0.033W/mk worth 800 bucks?

• Registered Users Posts: 616 ✭✭✭MakersMark

As an aside, how many holes will they be drilling, and will you have to repaint your house afterwards?

• Subscribers Posts: 41,095 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

Absolutely not.

Whats more confusing for me however is why the grant figures are different? They should be the very same

Advertisement