Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Getting to Letterkenny

Options
  • 24-05-2022 7:18pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭

Hi - Please move to correct area if this isn't allowed here.

I need to get to Letterkenny on Saturday coming. However I cant find a train that serves Donegal?

Which way is the handiest to go from Killarney/Cork to Letterkenny please if anyone has a suggestion?

Much appreciated.

😃

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 6,562 ✭✭✭Allinall

There’s no trains in Donegal!

Fly to Dublin and get a bus from there, otherwise you’re in for a long haul.

• Registered Users Posts: 270 ✭✭Gamergurll

Deleted

Post edited by Gamergurll on

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭James2020App

You could also do Killarney to Galway & onwards to Letterkenny by bus. Be careful though the bus from Galway to Killarney may not run late into the night.

I once got stranded in Galway for a night after coming from Shannon airport. Last bus left Galway at six pm.

• Registered Users Posts: 17,559 ✭✭✭✭LXFlyer

As above, options are:

• Fly Kerry to Dublin with Ryanair and then Bus Éireann route 32 from Dublin Airport to Letterkenny
    • Train from Killarney or Cork to Dublin Heuston, tram to Busaras, and Bus Éireann route 32 to Letterkenny
    • Bus Eireann route 51 from Cork to Galway and then route 64 from Galway to Letterkenny

www.expressway.ie will give you options for the coaches

• Registered Users Posts: 1,368 ✭✭✭mumof2

• Advertisement

Yes, I see connections aren't a great thing either! At the moment I'm considering taking aircoach from Cork to Dublin, and the plane from Dublin to Donegal. There is bound to be a bus from Donegal Airport to Letterkenny!😅

The flight from Kerry Dublin wont give us enough time in Dublin airport for a continuing flight to Donegal unfortunately (only 1 hour to change planes in Dublin will be a horror story).

I like your tip of Bus Eireann route 32 from Dublin Airport to Letterkenny. I'll look into that. Thanks very much.

There is no direct bus connection from Donegal Airport to Letterkenny either, only a local service.

I would seriously suggest that the best option is fly to Dublin and then the 32.

Otherwise it's a long haul using Expressway.

• Registered Users Posts: 25,719 ✭✭✭✭Mrs OBumble

www.a-b.ie is a better site to check, as it includes the far more comfortable Cutylink from Cork to Galway, and also Bus Feda from Galway to Letterkenny.

Never tried the latter myself, but everyone I know who does a similar trip regularly seems to prefer BF to BE.

Far less options though compared to BÉ on either leg via Galway, which is why I suggested that option.

Only one BF service that could be connected into and that gets to Letterkenny quite late.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 244 ✭✭DaBluBoi

It's also possible to take the 51/251 to Galway then get on the 64 to Letterkenny. Not sure how timings would work out though

Thanks everyone. I'll get there😂

• Registered Users Posts: 124 ✭✭James2020App

What painful way did you decide to go after?

Advertisement