Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Question for the experts

Options
  • 24-05-2022 6:53pm
    Registered Users Posts: 134 ✭✭

Question for the experts.

I'm taking part in the Round Ireland sailing race in June and I'm looking for the most accurate weather data I can get.

I'll be downloading weather gribs every 3 hours or so.

What models would you suggest for small localised changes in the short term. 3-6 hours. 1st priority will be wind speed and direction with rain intensity the 2nd priority.

I currently use ECMWF 9km and the Arôme 1.3km on windy or a direct grib download of ECMWF 0.40° and 1.0° and Arôme 0.1°. I will have access to more models during the race.

The software I use doesn't tell me the coverage of the models so if I try to download a grib and my parameters are slightly outside the geographical boundary of the model the download fails. Is there an easy resource to find these boundaries or areas of coverage? Also how can I find at what times these models are run/updated?

Advertisement