Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

cook meat without any oil or fat

Options
  • 23-05-2022 8:39pm

Does anyone ever cook meat without any oil or fat or seasoning.,say pork chops which have some fat. i do that just put the chops into the oven on a rack over a roasting tin and turn it on. i cover the rack with foil paper and the meat cooks in its own fat. I like meat really well done burnt. I am just curious if others do it

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,321 ✭✭✭Gloomtastic!

They do say that fat is flavour and if you leave the seasoning off too then your meat is not going to taste as good as it should.

The only exceptions I can think off is lardons or streaky bacon which have enough fat that will cook the meat but you should start on a low heat and then when the fat is rendered, turn it up to brown/crisp the meat.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,253 ✭✭✭greasepalm

Yes i cook meats without oil in a JML Halogen oven and also a Ninja Foodi 6ltr and might just use Sea/Rock salt to flavour it.

I cook my steaks and chops in the Halogen and my joints in the Foodi by PC function and Air fry to finish it off.

Also use Foodi for my BBQ ribs in sauce and Air Fry.

• Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 3,032 Mod ✭✭✭✭Black Sheep

For a piece of steak or if browning a rib of beef, I will often slice off a piece of fat from the meat before cooking, and use that to oil the frying pan ... If the pan is hot enough, the fat will render down and offer a way to cook the steak that doesn't impart an unwanted flavour the way a different oil will.

Actually i forgot sometimes I use one similar to https://www.tesco.com/groceries/en-GB/products/274089279

Advertisement