Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

What's the worst job you had as a student?

Options
  • 23-05-2022 11:10am
    Registered Users Posts: 42

For me it's a toss between being a kitchen porter in the last few years of secondary school or being waitress/bartender for the last year. The actual work is grand, I like the chit chat and most customers are fine, it's easy, but management are a joke. Crazy shifts, having to fight for a break or to leave your shift when its supposed to end etc

Half posting this because it's interesting but I also wanna know what to avoid. I'm looking to work elsewhere while I look for a job in the field my studies were in.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 4 L.Dsallday

Probably far out of mind for most people but don't work on a christmas tree farm! Long hours in all weather and when it comes time to sell the product to customers they are the most aggressive people youll ever see. they want their tree to be beyond perfect or its your fault..

Advertisement