Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Member of club outside of ireland

Options
  • 22-05-2022 11:04am
    Registered Users Posts: 89 ✭✭

If you are a member from a club outside of Ireland can you play in open day comps/open weeks/junior cups etc will be on holidays for a few weeks and looking to get some golf in.

thanks in advance for any help

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 662 ✭✭✭plumber77

I would imagine you would need to have a gui card/number to enter any comps. Not sure if that has changed since the introduction of the World Handicap system

• Registered Users Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭coillcam

I don't know if it's possible but worth exploring.

You could join a club here as a distance or overseas member. If that gives you a gui number then your home handicap secretary might be able to pass on your whs index info to the Irish club secretary who may be able to register it against your gui profile.

Even if this is possible I would imagine the potential issues arrive in managing two indexes. Say you shoot the lights out or have awful rounds in Ireland. Shouldn't those rounds affect your home country whs index or how is that accounted for?

There are a couple of hc secretaries on boards so perhaps they've seen this issue already and can give you the answer.

Advertisement