Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

The Penneys Challenge

Options
  • 22-05-2022 10:59am
    Registered Users Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭

OK so it's fairly simple.

Do a man style shop in penny's, maybe just buy a belt or some socks. Pay for said items.

Now the tricky part. Attempt to walk out unobstructed by browsers. Unlimited lane changes are allowed.

I've ever managed this. The store seems to hire them to keep you in for longer.

Luckily as a non woke male shopper, I've never bought a single extra thing. So their "spell" has never affected me. Lesser beings have been broken though.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 9,006 ✭✭✭Cluedo Monopoly

I have only been in there a couple of times but it absolutely rattled me. Never again, too much PTSD.

What are they doing in the Hyacinth House?

• Registered Users Posts: 2,628 ✭✭✭Pauliedragon

They're expanding the one in Cork by about 50% so if you head in bring a sandwich, plenty of water, a torch and let someone at home know where you're going so they know where to send the rescue crew.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,109 ✭✭✭Be right back

• Registered Users Posts: 10,638 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Shopping is WOKE (all caps) now?

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

• Registered Users Posts: 6,055 ✭✭✭Mister Vain

I can't say I've ever experienced that in Penny's. Trying to do a grocery shop in Aldi/Lidl without them randomly closing the tills, now that's a challenge. 😆

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 247 ✭✭hayse

Sniffing the womens underwear op is what is delaying you.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,453 ✭✭✭sam t smith

At least he wasn’t caught trying them on this time.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,481 ✭✭✭touts

Penny's is Pajama central.

And there are a few for sale on the racks also.

• Registered Users Posts: 13,915 ✭✭✭✭Potential-Monke

Two seven year relationships. Lots of female friends. And I still can't figure out the draw of cheap tat. Shops like this are helping destroy the environment. Not that I care. I'll be dead before the effects are bad enough.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,636 ✭✭✭SouthWesterly

Im puzzled at the men shopping in penny's bit.

Called into Nutgrove recently and all they had was men's sports gear. Couldn't find any clothes. I asked some of the non interested staff at the desk and was told to go to dunnes.... They were as bad

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 5,550 ✭✭✭veryangryman

re the environment: The sooner the better.

If there's 1 thing worse than our impending doom, it's people moaning about our impending doom. Its going to happen, its irreverseable, so much like a cancer patient wanting a fag, leave them be.

Oh I'm not moaning. It's coming. Inevitable imo. Just pointing out that one of the most popular shops in Ireland for, mainly women, to get their cheap tat is part of this whole problem, or at least accelerating it. Same women then be "caring" about the environment on Facebook while showing off their 14 bag €50 Pennys haul.

I love irony. And yes, I see it in mine. Difference is, I don't pretend to care.

Stop sniffing the underwear

• Registered Users Posts: 5,776 ✭✭✭up for anything

First of all, your seven-year relationships must have been a good while ago. It's been a long time since €50's worth of Penny's gear fitted in more than one bag let alone fourteen. Secondly, not everything in Pennys is tat. You're being quite unfair to the kids who run up the clothes. Thirdly, if you had been alive pre-Pennys (or Cassidy's) you'd appreciate cheap tat a lot more. An outfit at Easter and an outfit at Christmas and the odd suitcase of English/American hand-me-downs didn't do any woman's heart any good even if it did mean that the environment flourished. Actually, Pennys/Primark is in a class of its own - I was in France over Easter and I couldn't find any shop to compare price-wise so I don't think they are single-handedly destroying the world any more than are all the cattle farting in Ireland.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,700 ✭✭✭StupidLikeAFox

Underwear in penneys gets tried on numerous times before purchase. What sort of weirdo is questioning this even?

I mean, just by being a fast fashion brand, let alone a multinational one, they're already a fairly big contributor. Not saying they're the only one, but they're a big one. But I'm against fashion in general. The people who make the clothes tell the public what clothes they should wear and it changes every 3 months of the year and you have to buy the new stuff because, ew, old fashion, ew. Or something. Then you have the women to wear and return. To PENNYS!!!

Plus, maybe give an auld Google on Primark and their effect on the environment, cheap labour, chemicals, etc. Yeah, not a massive part of the problem, but an unnecessary part. I'm not saying don't buy clothes, but Pennys pushes, and people lap up, buying as much as you can as often as you can. Charities who get unsold Pennys clothing are sending it back because of the poor quality.

I love how people turn a blind eye to the production chain, so long as they can get their cheap knock off designer clothing for less than what the material alone should cost. Then again, cheap materials too...

• Registered Users Posts: 7,008 ✭✭✭uch

Ah yiz are all big fannies, if ye need new jocks or a pair of cheap jeans ye need to go in without yer penneys lover friend and just get what you need and lean ar aghaidh

21/25

• Registered Users Posts: 823 ✭✭✭Liberty_Bear

If you fart or dont wash for a week or both people avoid you I find...*parp*

Advertisement