Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dehydrated meal packs

Options
  • 22-05-2022 8:09am
    Registered Users Posts: 173 ✭✭

Hi,

Does anyone have any experience with dehydrated meal packs? Where best to get them if based in Ireland, which are good, which bad.

Thank you 🤙

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 21,421 ✭✭✭✭Alun

One of the best ones I've ever had was from a British company called Firepot. They're complete meals that are freeze dried after cooking, not individual freeze dried ingredients mixed together so taste much better. My experience of them was on an Arctic adventure with adventure.ie who sell them but are experiencing delivery problems at the moment.

They have an alternative from a Norwegian company called Turmat, but I've no experience of them.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,816 ✭✭✭✭HeidiHeidi

We used the Real Turmat ones on an offshore sailing race a few years ago.

They did the trick, and while I don't remember anyone raving about the gourmet cuisine on the race, I don't remember any real complaints either.

I ate about 2 spoonfuls in the 4 days so can't personally comment!

There was a huge range of options of flavours/varieties.

• Moderators, Recreation & Hobbies Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 15,694 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tabnabs

Real Turmat are my go to choice for these types of meals. Not the cheapest, but the best quality, and it's always nice to enjoy a dinner rather than endure it!

Advertisement