Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Burdens on Property

Options
  • 21-05-2022 6:21pm
    Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭

If there are burdens on a property, the owner is now deceased and the property is derelict and being CPOed by the local council, what happens with the burdens on the property?

any ideas, greatly appreciated.

thanks,

magic

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 229 ✭✭surrender monkey

It very much depends on what the burdens are and what legislation the council is acquiring the property under.

If the property is being acquired under the derelict sites act then the council can acquire the property by way of a vesting order and all burdens will be cancelled and a new folio will be opened in the register.

If the property is being acquired under the 1966 housing act then the burdens will be dealt with as part of the conveyancing process. It's very hard to say without know the exact position.

• Registered Users Posts: 280 ✭✭magicEye

Thank you so much. I believe it is a vesting order but there is no update at all on the folio number, and I reckon the CPO happened a few months back, if I contact landdirect, would they be able to advise I wonder?

We're notices servred? The notices will say which act it was done under. Also if it was there derilict sites act the rightful owner only has twelve months from the date of the vesting order to claim compensation.

There wouldnt be an update on the folio number on the landdirect site that the public have access to. Landdirect users with an actual account can see if there are any applications pending on the folio. If you want to pm me about it I can check for you

Advertisement