Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ear buds with hearing protection.

Options
  • 21-05-2022 11:58am
    Registered Users Posts: 278 ✭✭

Does anybody use ear buds/wireless headphones with built in ear pro on the bike?

I've been watching YouTube reviews etc. but it's debatable how impartial most reviewers are and most of them are talking about work environments where getting a helmet on over them isn't a concern.

I accept that both A) Seperate ear pro and a Cardo type deal would be better and B) I would probably be better served not listening to music/podcasts anyway.

TIA.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 452 ✭✭robbie_63

I tried my Jabra wireless buds once and it was a pain to get the helmet on with them in.when you take off the helmet then they are knocked out again,I found them sore on my ears as the helmet is pushing against them.

I got a cardo freecom for €100 and it's great.i can listen to music even while wearing normal earplugs.

• Registered Users Posts: 657 ✭✭✭flashinthepan

Same here I have the built in HJC bluetooth in the helmet

I use the orange foam earplugs and can hear the music clearly

• Registered Users Posts: 1,025 ✭✭✭IrishGrimReaper

I'm using normal earplugs with a Cardo Packtalk Slim and can hear the music fine.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,594 ✭✭✭newmember2

How do people find listening to music when driving a bike? Is it not distracting?

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Probably just like a car no?

I don't do it myself as I prefer the soundtrack from the exhaust.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 2,209 ✭✭✭Miscreant

No more distracting than being in the car for me. I keep it at a reasonable volume and can still pick up sounds from outside the helmet.

• Registered Users Posts: 276 ✭✭enrique66_35

I like it on the commute other than when my tuneless signing makes it think I'm trying to give a voice command 🙈

Ah yeh but I'm much more alert on a bike compared to driving a car. In a car you can sit there and scratch your balls, have a smoke and listen to the sounds, whereas on a bike you need to be watching for everything.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,144 ✭✭✭✭blade1

Just watch out for me when you're in the car 🤪

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 14,906 ✭✭✭✭CJhaughey

I don't like listening to music on a bike, I don't mind in a car but these days I am happy to listen to nothing but the sound of the engine or exhaust on Bike or Car.

Radio just psisses me off and I can't be bothered fecking around with a phone and streaming it.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,039 ✭✭✭✭Hotblack Desiato

I'm really not a fan of the idea that it's ok to sit there and vegetate while driving a car...

Life ain't always empty.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,439 ✭✭✭LollipopJimmy

I generally listen to podcasts on the bike if I'm on long journeys but if I'm going for a spin it's usually nothing. However I bought the Sena SC10u that integrates into the Schuberth helmet. Nothing on the outside of the helmet which is great and sound is good even with earplugs in. That's where it stops, the app doesn't work, won't ever connect to it to update firmware or use the smart connection feature to connect to other riders and the battery life is abysmal. 2hrs if listening to anything. I had a cheapo one on the outside of another helmet and it lasted about 10hrs

• Registered Users Posts: 33,697 ✭✭✭✭listermint

Still rocking my Sena20s which come with external headphones socket. So I have a pair of over ear Shure SE215 plugged into. Slight faf getting on but when it they give complete noise protection and choice of music phonecalls podcast whatever via Google assistant. Best setup I've found works for me.

I commute though. You'll find the lads that just go for a cruise around on their bikes are vehemently against sounds in their helmet.

Advertisement