Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Parking and Coffee near Mater Hospital

Options
  • 20-05-2022 8:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 28,407 ✭✭✭✭

I need to bring family member to the Mater Private on Sunday morning for a scan.

Is there free parking nearby at that time of day?

And anywhere decent in walking distance to get a coffee and a danish while I wait?

Thanks.

"To follow knowledge like a sinking star..." (Tennyson's Ulysses)

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭wandererz

Free parking? In the city center??

• Moderators, Social & Fun Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 6,574 Mod ✭✭✭✭HildaOgdenx

There's details in the link below about the parking available.

I'm not familiar with the hospital or general area. It mentions there is a cafe on site if that's any help.

https://www.materprivate.ie/contact/dublin

• Registered Users Posts: 510 ✭✭✭Cookiee

Yes there's street parking that's mon-fri on Valentina Parade and Derrynane Parade, so free on Sat and sun!

And there's a cafe called Koffee and Kale near by, 4.6 stars on google

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,930 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Sunday - quite a lot of pay and display is free on Sundays; pretty much all of it except some city centre places which are pay on Sunday afternoons.

Cafe wise - not much will be open on a Sunday. Eccles Townhouse (tiny hotel/bar on the corner of the street) might be open that early as it'll be doing its residents breakfasts. Maldron on Granby Row probably also open.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,530 ✭✭✭wandererz

Ahhh, I missed the Sunday bit.

• Advertisement
Advertisement