Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all,
Vanilla are planning an update to the site on April 24th (next Wednesday). It is a major PHP8 update which is expected to boost performance across the site. The site will be down from 7pm and it is expected to take about an hour to complete. We appreciate your patience during the update.
Thanks all.

Home insurance, fire and bill of quantities

• 20-05-2022 6:57pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

There was a fire in my house last year and negotiations are ongoing with the insurance company. They've obtained a quote/ bill of quantities for repairs from a company that they work closely with but the problem is that both companies are refusing to provide me with a full breakdown because they claim the information is commercially sensitive. So I have been given one figure for the total /overall amount but I have no idea how much is being allowed for each element.

I don't find this good practice but I'd like to know if it's normal practice in the insurance industry?

Tagged:

Answers

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 9,987 Mod ✭✭✭✭Jim2007

It does not matter how much these firm come up with nor how they did it. The question you need to figure out is how much it will actually cost you with a builder who is actually available and willing to undertake the work. And how close that figure is to your figure.

Advertisement