Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

PGA Championship

Options
  • 19-05-2022 7:39pm
    Registered Users Posts: 9,959 ✭✭✭

No thread yet?

Just saw Tiger being interviewed. Looked fairly shot. No idea if this course is tougher from a physical POV than Augusta?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 14,478 ✭✭✭✭callaway92

https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058246234/pga-championship-2022-app-and-website#latest was kinda being used

People then often used the McIlroy thread, Lowry thread, Power thread when talking about how they’re playing! Ha

• Registered Users Posts: 799 ✭✭✭SeeMoreBut

Sky with loads of excuses for Woods. I assume Woods won't be using them. Probably say it was tough but I don't think he'll say his leg worse the cause of it.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,745 ✭✭✭Xander10

Just reading that Aaron Wise was struck in the head by a wayward Cameron Smith tee shot. While I did not see the incident, I noticed a lack of players shouting "fore" during The Masters for wayward shots and Cameron in particular being one of the main guilty parties.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,534 ✭✭✭Trampas

• Registered Users Posts: 21,251 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Wouldn't want a drinking game for every time commentators mention what happened Fitzpatricks shot on that hole for subsequent groups, be in a heap by now

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 9 B lotto 79

Most of the pros struggling around the course (apart from Webb Simpson earlier and Pereira currently). What score do you think an average 18 handicapper would shoot from same tees, same conditions, greens etc…

• Registered Users Posts: 3,418 ✭✭✭boardise

McIlroy stinking the house out -playing utter crud when the tournament was there for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 21,118 ✭✭✭✭PARlance

A par on the last for Seamie and I think he'll only be a shot behind the leaders tonight.

There's a lot of meltdowns in full flow and more acoming

• Registered Users Posts: 7,681 ✭✭✭Deeper Blue

What are people's thoughts on who'll win tonight?

It's very hard to call I think.

I imagine Pereira will drop a few early and open things up, but then again nobody near the top of the board has much winning experience so they might all struggle too.

Thomas could be a threat but is he too far back? Ditto Bubba.

I'm interested to see how Zalatoris, Fitz and Ancer get on. Think the winner will come from those three.

Disappointed in McIlroy, particularly yesterday, think he's played himself out of it.

The lack of experience with leaders makes it very hard to call. I could see a few of them dropping away.

IF Seamus's putter is hot early on, I might dare to dream.

He seems very relaxed now in this company. I could see him being the next Irishman to grab a win on tour.

Has he played The Open before and is he scheduled to play St Andrews?

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 21,251 ✭✭✭✭Mushy

Power will be at The Open alright, think his spot is secured. Will be his first one though, this weekend is only his 2nd major. I do hope he gets it done today, but realistically I think there's a little too much to do. Even if he was to get into a great scoring position, I'd say at least one of those ahead of him will manage the same. A 3 or 4 under would be great

• Registered Users Posts: 384 ✭✭rooney30

Think Fitzpatrick has a great chance given the relatively weak leaderboard . He’s been hanging around the top 20 in big events for a few years now without ever really making a breakthrough . He may be less fazed with the occasion than others !!

• Registered Users Posts: 16,233 ✭✭✭✭Loafing Oaf

Nobody seems capable of mounting a serious charge against Mito. Looks like he'lll have to implode if we're going to have any sort of competitive denouement here...

• Registered Users Posts: 20,829 ✭✭✭✭FixdePitchmark

This has got to be the worst major leaderboard in a long long time.

• Registered Users Posts: 309 ✭✭Scrabbel

Also the worst PGA Tour app and website leaderboard performance. It’s way behind the action on TV

• Registered Users Posts: 2,897 ✭✭✭The Big Easy

Just sitting down to watch now, these are all good young pros, not big names yet.

Zalatoris is a serious golfer and with a better putting stroke he'd be one of the best out there, arguable that he is already. Only 25 and so is Young. Mito and Fitzpatrick are 27.

Fitzpatrick has been one of the best young players for quite a while and as he's not long off the tee, always a little more interesting in how he goes about it.

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭macvin

I always use the ESPN site. Usually only a minute behind

Yes grand - but just JT is a major winner - maybe he will push up. Rory doing a Rory.

I want my majors to be heavy hitting - Spieth - DJ - Rahm - Keopka - Bryson - Cam - then when Shane is around gives a different dynamic,

Young probably looking the most assured out there at the moment, still very tough to call, reckon we might see a playoff

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

Very uninspiring final round. Pereira being the least sh!te of them all.

Only Thomas looking to win it.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 6,006 ✭✭✭sReq | uTeK

Wow water at 18. He won't make 5 here

Zalatoris and Thomas shootout Inc.

Rory will be Kicking himself here

Feel bad for Pereira, think he deserves a playoff

• Registered Users Posts: 16,526 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

poor pereira. not even a playoff now

• Registered Users Posts: 8,239 ✭✭✭Pussyhands

So cruel. Leading most of the last two days and then on the final hole he messes up.

He looked quite solid too, one more roll on the putt at 17 and he has a 2 shot lead going up the last. WTF was that tee shot on 18 though, looked like my swing

• Registered Users Posts: 16,526 ✭✭✭✭y0ssar1an22

well done JT

Nice win for JT - and as I said , I want my majors to be big players. The game needs a few players to come back into form. Nice to have JT in that mix, after a tough 4/5 years for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,959 ✭✭✭boccy23

Good to see JT win.

Nice story from the Skyzone on Friday about his dad just put an alignment rod in front of him and got him to hit draws and fades and get back to feeling the shots instead of thinking them. His dad felt he was getting way too technical and over-thinking everything which was leading to the issues. Reset and focus on his massive skill set and it seems to have paid off. A lesson there for a lot of golfers I would say. Cantlay was out with his Trackman and his coach Friday morning as well. Too late at that stage to make changes. Proved it as well over the course of the competition.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,041 ✭✭✭waynescales1

I can't find an appropriate thread for this so I'm just gonna stick it in here...

Can someone explain my Returns here? By my calculations I should have received €27.50.

€5, each way. 1/5 odds, so 50/1 becomes 10/1.

€2.50 @ 10/1 = €25 + original €2.50 bet = €27.50.

I know I'm wrong, what don't I understand about each way betting?

• Advertisement

Don't have the calculator, but because of ties, there were 12 players in the top ten, so that dilutes the odds . So you probably got paid 1/3 of your stake at full odds

Advertisement