Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Boiler running constantly

Options
  • 19-05-2022 5:14pm
    Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭

Basically what the title says!!

Got it serviced recently (vokera) as it had stopped working, with an "e041" water pressure fault. The guy from vokera came out and replaced the parts needed and got it working. The problem is it never stops running. Even when the thermostats don't call for heat, all the radiators are turned off and the hot water tank is full, it still runs.

I turned the boiler from heat and hot water to just hot water. It turned off then. After about 3 hours the boiler was flashing red with "low water pressure fault" "check plant" so I turned it back on to heat and hot water.

Anyone got an idea what could be wrong because I'm dreading the next gas bill.

Cheers.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,386 ✭✭✭dathi

did you check your 2 port valves sometimes they can get stuck and will cause the system to call for heat constantly

• Registered Users Posts: 2,394 ✭✭✭XsApollo

Is it zoned?

one of those zoned valve actuators could be stuck open?

works the other way too if one of them is stuck closed it won’t turn on.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,774 ✭✭✭✭mfceiling

Thanks lads. I'll look into both suggestions.

Advertisement