Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Cheapest place to buy carpet?

• 19-05-2022 1:13pm
    Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭

Hi can anybody suggest a cheap place to buy carpet in Dublin? Where do the tradesmen get theirs??

Just need enough for a small bedroom and places looking for €200.00 I am happy to pay around €130.00 max. Fitting it myself.

Thanks in advance

Comments

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28 Irishweather2

What size is the bedroom? Not familiar with Dublin carpet shops but Carpetright have lots of options at various price points, granted they will try and sell you on underlay etc but you can source that elsewhere

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭RCSATELLITES

Thanks for reply the bedroom is 3.56m x 2.65m around 10 sqm. 13"6 x 9". Carpetright would usually be the most expensive carpet shop in my experience through the years.

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 28 Irishweather2

I think your conversion may be a touch out as, 13"6 would be roughly 4.14 m (4.3 for arguments sake) x 9" - 2.74m (2.9 to be sake)

The vast majority of carpets come in minimum width of either 4 or 5 meters so you'd need either 4 x 4.3 or 5 x 2.9 (if you wanted to do it all in one piece with no seaming)

In trying to keep costs down I would opt for no underlay and go for a felt back carpet as it can be glued straight to the floor, however not as comfortable or insulated (heat and soundwise) as going for underlay.

Also just be aware that these carpets tend to be low piled and any seams can be fairly visible.

Spray can of carpet adhesive would set you back about a tenner and should cover about 15m sq.

(I used to work in the flooring industry 😁)

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 555 ✭✭✭RCSATELLITES

Thanks for reply the metre sizes are correct I am an engineer and never worked in yards or inches so was a quick guess from what I remember. But yes definitely the 4 metre width is good. It's for a rented property and carpet at the moment is glued so was going to go with that again. Have the adhesive and would rather the one piece. Now it's just to get the carpet 😂 I had a look in a few local shops for some offcuts but they are all a bit smaller than the length I need. Now the bedroom has a wardrobe and a king size bed so there is really about 3 square metres you can actually see and walk on 😂.

Advertisement