Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Limerick Broadband in 2022

Options
  • 19-05-2022 9:21am
    Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭

Lots of changes and improvements to broadband in 2022.

Who are the best providers? Moving away from Virgin as they are too expensive now. Will stay away from Eir due to reputation.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 15,497 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

Is open-eir or SIRO fibre available to you, check their websites.

Open-eir check here - https://openeir.maps.arcgis.com/apps/instant/lookup/index.html?appid=a8fdd9780bd84f0799f99522c48f6e66

• Registered Users Posts: 1,075 ✭✭✭djdunny

+1 for Siro. I’ve been using it for a few years now and find it excellent, little to no issues.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,228 ✭✭✭The Mighty Quinn

I have Siro via Sky, and previously had Siro via Vodafone. Never a glitch. I'm in the city.

• Registered Users Posts: 15,497 ✭✭✭✭The Cush

The other way around, Sky and Vodafone via the SIRO wholesale fibre network.

SIRO, open-eir and NBI are wholesale fibre networks. Sky, Vodafone etc. are retail service providers that sell their products via the wholesale fibre providers.

SIRO, open-eir and NBI don't sell direct to the public.

The 3 wholesale networks are broadly similar, any subscriber issues are dealt with via your retail service provider who in turn interact with the wholesale fibre provider where required.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,721 ✭✭✭masterboy123

Vodafone Siro

Very happy with it

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Computer Games Moderators Posts: 15,228 Mod ✭✭✭✭FutureGuy

Thanks all, incredible coincidence that a Vodafone rep called to the door at lunch. Signed up. Thanks again!

Advertisement