Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Registration of property in the Land Registry

Options
  • 16-05-2022 12:11pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Would there be anyone on the site who worked/works for the Land Registry or knows somebody who does that might be in a position to answer some queries I have about the registration of property, especially where there are some issues with the title. If you could DM me please, I'd be very grateful, thanks.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭mike_2009

You can ring them up. I had to talk to someone when a correction to a boundary got rejected twice, got sorted that same day!

• Registered Users Posts: 4,426 ✭✭✭maestroamado

Go to landdirect.ie hit guest and accept and your in... you can look at the property yourself to see basic.. if you want detail sign in and buy copies of whatever you need...

• Registered Users Posts: 30 jjjulio

Thanks mike and maestro for your replies. I was aware of how to look at landdirect and did speak to the office who were helpful but the queries are quite complicated, even for solrs. which is the reason for the posting I put up.

• Registered Users Posts: 528 ✭✭✭mike_2009

Even my Solicitor took two goes getting the paperwork in order to correct a boundary issue. Find one that specialized in land conveyancing?

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Subzero3

I queried mine using landdirect maps, I drew over it with a red pen where I believed my boundary should be and they updated it to reflect.

• Advertisement

How did you manage to do that or did you own both properties...

• Registered Users Posts: 2,458 ✭✭✭chops018

Yeah, this doesn't sound right - the PRAI (Land Registry) won't amend the folio maps on their system without a land registry compliant map which is usually done by an engineer or surveyor and if the neighbouring folio is a different owner (even the same owner if different folios) they will want a Deed of Rectification with that map.

Unless it was their own mapping error and when you notified them they checked back on the original maps and saw the boundaries were not noted correctly by them so they just went ahead and updated them. Otherwise they would need what I mentioned above.

I seen it done once but the owner was buying the second property next to the one he already owned... it turned out there was a small toilet area was not on either deed...

• Registered Users Posts: 687 ✭✭✭Subzero3

The landdirect map wasn't matching the boundaries on the ground. I queried it as the deeds has a double triangle (parcel b) added for the second phase of the housing estate. They took part of my drive from Phase 1 and made the side bigger during phase 2.

They sent me a map and asked to highlight with red pen where I think the boundary should be. Then a few weeks later it was updated.

Parcel B was adjacent to a grass area which once taking in charge would be council land. My deeds are not matching the new landscape as they were processed during Phase 1 of the estate build. I don't have access to the phase 2 maps thats why i needed clarification.

Advertisement