Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Marrying a US citizen in Ireland - more of a hindrance than a help?

Options
  • 15-05-2022 7:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1

So myself (Irish) and my American partner are looking at getting married in Ireland next year. The big hiccup is that both of us are touring musicians and the likelihood that she will be able to fulfill the residence requirements to get Irish citizenship any time soon is not very high. Can anybody advise me on a) how tolerable Irish customs officials may be to her coming and going on short stay visas a couple of times a year considering that we will be married and b) whether our marriage may actually be an impediment to me obtaining future tourist visas to the USA? Thank you in advance!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 19,117 ✭✭✭✭Donald Trump

What the US really frown upon is going over there as a tourist, with the real intention of planning to get married while there. People do it.....but you kinda have to convince them that you didn't plan it!

Going over afterwards is less of an issue. Because they can technically stop you from entering. Not sure how likely that is.

Advertisement