Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Dentist

Options
  • 15-05-2022 5:50pm
    Registered Users Posts: 30

Does anyone know of a good dentist. One who will just do the work which is needed and not create further 'problems' (this has happened to my friend. They went in to have a tiny chip on edge of tooth fixed, three little fillings to fix it fell out, the dentist kept taking more and more of the tooth away, until, eventually they needed a root canal treatment (the tooth was perfect in the beginning, just a tiny chip at edge!!!!) this friend had two other bad experiences with other dentists also,so now, they have understandably, developed a fear of dentists, plus they are hypersensitive to pain. Has anyone had a good experience of any dentist? Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭sgthighway

The dentist would have taken an extra of the tooth first which would have shown any decay and how far it went. Ask your friend about this as maybe to big job was needed under that chip. Teeth are expensive to maintain. They should be transparent about costs and risks of the job e.g. The small fillings might not last. I would recommend Galway Dental Clinic. Both Niall and Caroline look after my family and in laws.

• Registered Users Posts: 30 star9

Thank you for getting back. This dentist took an ex ray and told her there was no decay, the filling just fell out very quickly and as I said he continued to take more and more of the tooth away (while charging each time). It's no wonder people hate them, and, I have never heard of a good experience with one, hence why I'm asking. It's telling, that so many people have viewed this post, and nobody bar yourself has come back. So not too many people with helpful experiences to report. Seems impossible to get an honest dentist who is in it for the right reason (to get people out of pain) not just cosmetic work.

• Registered Users Posts: 12,025 ✭✭✭✭ben.schlomo

Look at Google reviews for local dentists, it's rare you'd see a bad one.

Don't think your allowed to give a 'bad' one, at least that's what I have read,but that may just apply to 'doctors' don't know for sure

That's nonsense. It's a business, you can leave whatever review you feel it deserves. The business can always reply or report it.

• Advertisement

Not nonsense, have you ever seen one? Anyway, thanks for your input.

Yes, it took all of 2 seconds from a Google search. For a dentist in the middle of the city. Really isn't rocket science.

Anyone?

• Registered Users Posts: 9 Kitt89

I'm not picking a side, but; I agree with @ben.schlomo. I usually search on google or the local directories whenever I need a new dentist or other doctors. Most of them have only positive reviews, but I can figure out which ones are genuine reviews.

Recently I browsed google to find a dentist for a root canal. I googled "dentist near me" and found a lot of them. Usually, it is challenging if you have too many choices, so I look at their reviews. After that, I selected some of them and posted a thread in a forum for suggestions; then, I picked one after reviewing the comments from the forum users. (https://www.appletondental.ca/about/)

Go to their Google reviews if you want to see bad reviews.

But I found some genuine reviews, and my visit to the clinic went well.

Wow, 275 views so far and only 3 replies, and one of those argued with me, and the other on agreed with him. Like I suspected it seems VERY hard to find a good honest dentist who will do what their supposed to do … take away peoples pain, without requiring their 'victims' to get a mortgage to get out of agony!!! Oh well, as my friend says everyone closes their eyes for the last time, and, they can only take with them what they give away, be that help or suffering, I suppose the choice is ultimately theirs... would hate to be them, such a gift to be able to relieve suffering, awful for those 'people' who put too high a price on their help, and, as a result, place help beyond the reach of the poor.

• Advertisement

Jesus wept, will you get over yourself. Easy to see why you're getting so few replies. As has been pointed out, it's very simple to Google reviews of dentists and make a decision for your treatment based on that. There's also a dental forum here where you can get recommendations.

I would appreciate you NOT replying to any of my posts ever again. I do not like having someone swear at me. How dare you! It's very obvious that I must have hit a raw nerve... maybe you are a dentist. Either ways, as I said, do not contaminate my posts with your misplaced anger again. You really shouldn't be trolling people who are looking for genuine help.

• Registered Users Posts: 220 ✭✭Buddy74

Star9 - If you looking for a recommendation PM me and I can recommend one of mine, busy practice but one of them IMHO is still gaining experience so go to the main Dentist.

Had to have fillings replaced, crown and a 'cap' as well (didn't mind them as I should have when younger).

• Registered Users Posts: 1,534 ✭✭✭sgthighway

Advertisement