Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Inland fisheries Ireland corruption

Options
  • 15-05-2022 1:35pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,468 ✭✭✭

Anyone see the news about this organisation?

16 fisheries Ireland vans on the road uninsured.

A false fishing club that never existed was reciving funds from fisheries Ireland.

Two of the top guys in the organisation resigned.

It all unravelled when one of the uninsured vans crashed and was investigated by the garda.

I buy my licence every year and have total respect for officers but this stinks of corruption at the top level.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 883 ✭✭✭Get Real

Interesting article alright and series of claims. I read it here https://m.independent.ie/news/environment/minister-orders-probe-into-financial-and-other-serious-irregularities-at-inland-fisheries-ireland-41623421.html

The problem I have with organisations such as these is that as they don't commonly deal directly with members of the public, they are subject to much less scrutiny imo as the general public don't even think of them on a daily basis.

Whereas the HSE or Gardaí are monitored constantly (as is right) and have their slip ups given their size, I'm much more interested in organisations such as this, where there's still no public gaze and they work in the background.

Be interesting to see what comes, if anything.

• Registered Users Posts: 190 ✭✭Jim from Cork

It's a strange litany of "issues".

I would imagine the uninsured vehicles is an embarrassment to the management team. They would have a considerable fleet and one would expect them to have a "fleet manager". You would also expect then to have a "fleet policy".

I'm not sure if it a false fishing club or a fishing club set up specifically for the purpose of getting funds...It may be unorthodox rathe than corruption.

The issue of the IFI owned house leased back to a staff member has potential!

Advertisement