Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Shower replacement

Options
  • 15-05-2022 1:28pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭

Moved house a few years back and this shower in one of the ensuites never worked - as if the thermostat had failed, water would come on whatever temp it was in the hot water tank - couldn't control the temp.

Anyone have any advice on how to replace it without tiling the whole thing again? Looks like an odd setup to me but not sure what unit to buy to replace it before I get a plumber out.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 16,881 ✭✭✭✭Sleeper12

What you are describing could be caused by the hot & cold feeds being reversed. If it is fed by a combi boiler connected to the mains could also cause the same problems. It could be a faulty thermostatic cartridge.

Get plumber to investigate these 3 possible issues first unless you can investigate them yourself.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,549 ✭✭✭yllw.ldbttr

I don't think it's either of the first two items.

Doesn't seem like the cartridge can be replaced in this unit either so I may have to try purchase something similar that will fit into the same holes in the tiles etc.

• Registered Users Posts: 4,264 ✭✭✭standardg60

Surely there's a cold water feed to it too, which would be used to regulate the temperature, is this turned on?

Yeah sorry there is, but it seems to only output 60 degree water from the hot tank or else cold water. No in between.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,680 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

IF you turn it all the way to cold is the pressure the same or much reduced? Had this happen w/ an airlocked cold (but a perfect hot)

• Advertisement

Pressure is good.

Advertisement