Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Restaurant serving bitterballen?

Options
  • 15-05-2022 12:19pm
    Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭

Hi, is there a Dutch restaurant serving bitterballen? My son found the dish from somewhere and wants to eat it...

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 10,043 ✭✭✭✭Caranica

There are no Dutch restaurants in Dublin. A few of the bars used to do them but most have reduced their menus post Covid.

Presume you found this old thread

• Registered Users Posts: 759 ✭✭✭mikewest

Lidl had then as a special a couple of weeks ago in the freezer section. They may have some left in a shop near you.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭PopSensyDad

Thanks Caranica, it's pity Covid wiped the dish out.

And thanks mikewest, I definitely check!

What a mystery that no Dutch restaurant exists in Dublin...

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,928 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Dutch cuisine is, erm, unsophisticated to say the least - there aren't generally Dutch restaurants anywhere that isn't the Netherlands.

Pancake or waffle places calling themselves Dutch aren't uncommon, but doing anything savoury is exceptionally unlikely.

• Registered Users Posts: 51 ✭✭PopSensyDad

Thank you for you insight L1011, how interesting... Come to think of it, yes, actually I've never come across with a Dutch restaurant in my life, including my home place (Tokyo). It seems I must consider bringing my son to the place, the Netherlands.

• Advertisement
Advertisement