Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solar thermal water heating flat panels

Options
  • 15-05-2022 12:07pm
    Registered Users Posts: 15

If the top of the storage tank is really hot above 70 degrees, not exactly sure about the temperature, even though the bottom of the tank is colder than the panels it doesn't switch on .

As I have a solid fuel system the tank can often be very hot if the central heating isn't on.

Is there a setting on the controller I can alter to remedy this ?

Thanks

I have a deltasol bs controller.

Hope the bs stands for something else .

Best Answers

Answers

• Registered Users Posts: 3,466 ✭✭✭John.G

The maximum cylinder temperature allowed via the solar panels can be set in the controller, I have mine set to 85C, but there is also a maximum collector temperature setting which should be set 10C to 15C higher than the maximum cylinder temperature, mine is set to 100C, I have never seen the cylinder temperature higher than 75C but I have a anti scald (TMV) valve set to 60C on the cylinder HW outlet.

• Registered Users Posts: 15 gigitu

Thanks guys , really helpful.

It's really a summer problem when the solid fuel range changes from running the central heating to only heating water for the house. The water in the cylinder can get seriously hot and is often around 80°C .

Thanks again

On another thought. I have 3 flat panels on the roof for the water and I have the chance to get 3 more .

Will 3 extra panels make the system twice as good at heating water or will there be more times when the system is off because of the high temperatures the panels can reach ?

Hope that makes sense thanks

Thanks John G . .

I could put them on another bit of the roof so I could longer hours of sunshine but I've no idea if that's at all possible being the two sets of panels would br 20 foot apart .

• Advertisement
Advertisement