Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Local authority home loan

Options
  • 13-05-2022 8:25pm
    Registered Users Posts: 50 ✭✭

Does anyone know how Fingal asses you for loan ? I have a 5000 balance on my credit card , but wondering should I take a loan out of credit union instead as I was already told they don’t look favourably on credit cards . I wish I could clear it but then that would dip into my savings and I don’t want that .

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,725 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

It would be advisable to get the credit union loan to clear the credit card anyway, as the CU loan will be vastly cheaper and give you more money for anything/everything else. Credit card debt is the dearest you can possibly have.

• Registered Users Posts: 106 ✭✭1percent

Pay it out of savings. 5k earning 0.5% APR vs 5k costing you 20.0% APR. A CU loan will cost you 7/8% APR.

Remove the debt, and put all the money you save towards your savings.

Advertisement