Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Solid fuel stove replacement

Options
  • 13-05-2022 11:23am
    Registered Users Posts: 785 ✭✭✭

Not a big project by any stretch, but:

We have a multi-fuel stove which needs to be replaced. It's purely 'for the company' in the sitting room, spot heat on cold days, we're old people who like our comfort etc. It's good to have security of another heat source if our main house heat fails, but what we have is dirty and dusty and takes up a lot of space. Main house heat is pretty efficient and in good order.

It seems to be a straight choice between a smaller multifuel stove in a like-for-like replacement, or electric, or an LPG gas stove. Gas is in the middle; a bottle (and hiding it) but clean, and operates independently of power/heat/water - our location is prone to occasional failures. For the amount it gets used, I don't see the expense being hugely different.

Since electric is out because it's not independent, and pellet stoves are out because this isn't a back boiler situation, am I missing something obvious about LPG that I might have not seen that has caused it to go out of fashion? I don't hear a lot about people dragging gas bottles around the place but this seems to be a niche that the solution fits for us?

Advertisement