Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Velux on the side

Options
  • 13-05-2022 9:15am
    Registered Users Posts: 1

Hi All,

I've recently had an attic conversion done in a hipped roof semi detached house. The builder explained that with some space taken from the box room and then the head height from a side velux there would be enough of a run for the stairs up to the attic

When we came home after being away for the work the roof was raised about 2ft to accommodate the head height. It's not quite a dormer but may be viewed as such

I know windows on the side are a grey area but raising the roof definitely isn't. What should I do at this point? Apply for retention right away? Wait for a complaint?

Comments

• Moderators, Home & Garden Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 17,720 Mod ✭✭✭✭DOCARCH

That's mad! Did you pay (extra) for raising the roof?

Planning permission required.

Better going for retention permission sooner rather that later. If you owe builder money I would suggest holding on to it until permission granted!

Advertisement