Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Bord Gais - Government €200 Reduced

Options
  • 12-05-2022 7:31am
    Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭

Hi all. I'm wondering if this has happened to anyone else. My Bord Gais account was in credit of €200 due to the government energy payment. I logged in yesterday and a notice appeared explaining something about how due to some government tax my €200 was being reduced. Now my credit is down to €192.08. Has this happened to anyone else? Wish I had taken a screenshot of the notice, can't find anything about it online!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 68,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

Everyone who got it on a May dated bill has had it reduced, as the VAT rate applying to that bill was also reduced. It gives the equivalent value.

• Registered Users Posts: 90 ✭✭Old McGroin

Ok, thanks. It's less than €8 but it's really boiling my piss for some reason 😂

• Registered Users Posts: 68,059 ✭✭✭✭L1011

You got the same amount off as someone who got €200 against a 13.5% bill did.

Calling it €200 was a marketing wheeze by the Government; the original 100 was to be pre-VAT and hence be 113.50 / 109 on the new rate; then they "doubled" it to 200 but didn't actually give 227/218!

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭macvin

It was a €176.21 + vat credit.

The original amount was €100 + vat and then it was increased to €200 Inc vat at the then pertaining rate of vat

Everyone got the same amount

Advertisement