Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Sound proofing

Options
  • 11-05-2022 4:55pm
    Registered Users Posts: 116 ✭✭

I work from home and as my therapy room is off the kitchen I hear a lot of noise. Just normal stuff such as press doors opening and the kettle. the dividing door is a regular domestic 1/2 hour fire door. I have a draught excluder on the bottom to try block ant gap underneath. Will changing the door help are are there any other solutions. Generally the house is quiet but when kitchen being used it’s annoying.

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 403 ✭✭embracingLife

• Registered Users Posts: 414 ✭✭Emma2019

Impact noise (doors closing etc) is very hard to soundproof against unfortunately.

A close fitting solid wood door can help. Try put stormguard tape around the door too.

There are little glue dot things to stop doors banging when they're closed.

Is the wall dividing the rooms just plasterboard? You can add mass to the wall but it can be pricey and you'll lose space.

Advertisement