Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Single standing ticket on Ticketmaster??

Options
  • 11-05-2022 12:04pm
    Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭

I'm trying to book one standing ticket on Ticketmaster for Alanis Morrisette in June. For some reason it won't let me book one by itself but it will let me buy two. I can understand them putting restrictions on the seated ones (although it's still a dick move) but why the hell won't they sell a single standing ticket?

Does any seasoned user know a way around this?

As far as I can see they are the option to buy a tick to this gig? Again I'd welcome correction here!?!

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 313 ✭✭spindex

Try a different computer/phone or delete cookies, I just tried to book one ticket for this gig and its letting me.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,977 ✭✭✭✭Wanderer78

im experiencing the same problem here, could be related to cookies alright....

Completely misread the question

Post edited by [Deleted User] on

• Registered Users Posts: 477 ✭✭jelly&icecream

Just tried it on 2 different windows pcs and my phone and multiple browsers on each and cookies cleared with the same outcome :(

If I flutter my correctly prepared eyelashes in the right way at the ticketmaster website will it let me book a single standing ticket for Alanis in the point?! 😂

• Advertisement

Well it looks like call the standing seats are sold out so no Alanis for me.

Fuck you Ticketmaster

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

Did they go on sale today? Just keep trying. Tickets tend to appear all day.

Did you try clicking the minus to reduce the amount from 2 to 1?

no, I think they've been on sale for a while. it's possibly one of the gig moved due to covid. Yes, I tried reducing to 1 in every location on the page. Will keep an eye on it.

Actually now more have appeared, but it still won't let you book a single standing ticket. If I select 2 it goes through to the shopping cart no problem.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,510 ✭✭✭Wheety

This is happening for me too actually, can buy 2 but not 1. Is there a Ticketmaster outlet anywhere near you? They're obviously not sold out.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,704 ✭✭✭Deagol

I just tried booking and got a seated single ticket through to the end of the checkout process. But yeah, if you try and book a single standing ticket I get an error message, very strange. Maybe ring them??

They seem to have done there best to remove their phone number from the internet.

Can anyone confirm of the outlets are open? The imfo on them is also sketchy. I'm in Dublin.

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

I think they moved solely online yeah, last time I was in Dublin the Jervis outlet was gone anyway. There's a ticket outlet at the Olympia but I presume they only distribute tickets for that venue.

I had the same issue Re: Alanis btw saying standing available but can't buy a sole ticket only when I add more was I allowed check out, so altered my plans for something else abroad now.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,893 ✭✭✭BronsonTB

@Wheety

"Is there a Ticketmaster outlet anywhere near you? "

FYI - The have gone online only - No longer any ticketmaster outlets. You can no longer buy in person direct from Ticketmaster.

They don't even have a phone number you can ring anymore either.

www.sligowhiplash.com - 3rd & 4th Aug '24 (Tickets on sale now!)

• Registered Users Posts: 6,354 ✭✭✭Wrongway1985

How on earth this scum were able to buy up the prominent venues and hold responsibility to all things ticketing in them is absolutely maddening. Literally taking the shirt off bands backs then to boot with the percentage they'll slap on merch sales.

I use tickets dot ie wherever I can - Dublin for instance (Button Factory/Grand Social/Opium/Whelan's etc.) those venues aren't owned by these mugs(yet!) people have the alternative for those so please use it.

Yea, they do appear to have gone completely digital. Fine if you have a fully functional website and good dispute resolution. Not so good if you don't.

I tried to point out the bug on their website through the online form (which doesn't even have a drop-down for website bugs) and eventually got a response saying the tickets were sold out but not addressing the issue of the single standing ticket bug. I might as well have been talking to the wall.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,561 ✭✭✭Stillill42

When the revolution comes....

They seems to have released more tickets and fixed whatever bug was there.

So I got my single standing ticket in the end. Just a heads up in case anyone else was in a similar predicament!

Advertisement