Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on [email protected] for help. Thanks :)
Private profiles - please note that profiles marked as private will soon be public. This will facilitate moderation so mods can view users' warning histories. All of your posts across the site will appear on your profile page (including PI, RI). Groups posts will remain private except to users who have access to the same Groups as you. Thread here
Some important site news, please read here. Thanks!

Time to replace my Mid-2011 iMac..but need a new monitor first, suggestions?

• 11-05-2022 9:19am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,182 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Cabaal

The time has come, I have to replace my mid-2011 27" iMac. It was top model at the time I bought it and with only ram and SSD upgrades its served me well. Unlikely in 2011 I don't have a shed tonne of money for a replacement.

So I'm looking at buying a Mac Mini and separate monitor, I'm waiting for the new mac mini upgrade so I'm holding off for now but I have a 2014 mac mini to keep me going in the meantime that somebody gave me.

In the meantime I plan on picking up a nice monitor, but I have a few requirements

• 27 inch
    • Not dog ugly
    • inbuilt speakers (can't be bothered doing separate speakers)
    • Some built in ports on the monitor incl USB-C
    • Budget of around 400euro

Based on this I'm leaning towards https://www.dell.com/en-ie/shop/dell-27-4k-uhd-usb-c-monitor-s2722qc/apd/210-bbrq/monitors-monitor-accessories

Can anyone suggest any other alternatives that would work well?

Comments

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators Posts: 8,072 Mod ✭✭✭✭ Jim2007

I’m the same situation… I’m not into hardware at alll and just thought I’d login and order a new one only to discover they don’t make them anymore ;-)

• Registered Users Posts: 5,551 ✭✭✭ quad_red

My wife spent almost 3k on the same iMac (she’s a designer) and it kills me to see that beautiful screen go into the bin cos Apple are such a-holes they wouldn’t fit a graphics in port.

Is there any way to change the guts in side these things with a Mac mini or something?

Advertisement