Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Time to replace my Mid-2011 iMac..but need a new monitor first, suggestions?

Options
  • 11-05-2022 10:19am
    Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Regional South East Moderators Posts: 28,465 Mod ✭✭✭✭

The time has come, I have to replace my mid-2011 27" iMac. It was top model at the time I bought it and with only ram and SSD upgrades its served me well. Unlikely in 2011 I don't have a shed tonne of money for a replacement.

So I'm looking at buying a Mac Mini and separate monitor, I'm waiting for the new mac mini upgrade so I'm holding off for now but I have a 2014 mac mini to keep me going in the meantime that somebody gave me.

In the meantime I plan on picking up a nice monitor, but I have a few requirements

• 27 inch
    • Not dog ugly
    • inbuilt speakers (can't be bothered doing separate speakers)
    • Some built in ports on the monitor incl USB-C
    • Budget of around 400euro

Based on this I'm leaning towards https://www.dell.com/en-ie/shop/dell-27-4k-uhd-usb-c-monitor-s2722qc/apd/210-bbrq/monitors-monitor-accessories

Can anyone suggest any other alternatives that would work well?

Comments

Advertisement