Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Eddie Rockets don't do sweet potato fries anymore

Options

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 81,381 ✭✭✭✭Atlantic Dawn
    M

Normally they are sourced from US, unsure if there's some kind of shortage or if costs have sky rocketted. The likes of LIDL/ALDI still sell their own brand sweet potato fries so no idea.

• Registered Users Posts: 11,637 ✭✭✭✭Flinty997

Maybe they weren't popular.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,789 ✭✭✭✭the beer revolu

Because people finally figured out that they didn't really like sweet potato fries.

I tried to fool myself a few times but I was wise to myself.

Are they actually healthier, in the scale of things?

• Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 30,655 Mod ✭✭✭✭Faith

I think they're generally actually unhealthier than normal fries, oddly enough. I think the sweet potato absorbs more oil or something? I couldn't find calories for Eddie Rocket's sweet potato fries quickly online, so I compared with another chain restaurant (Bill's in the UK):

Fries

Bill's, 1 portion

Calories: 349 •Carbs: 47g •Fat: 17g •Protein: 5g

Sweet Potato Fries

Bill's, 1 Portion

Calories: 510 •Carbs: 69g •Fat: 26g •Protein: 3g

Portion sizes should be similar.

However, I will resolutely support the notion that sweet potato fries are the business and are way nicer than normal chips.

Informative post, thanks Faith.

However, you are wrong, very wrong about sweet potato fries!

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,886 ✭✭✭megaten

I will go to bat for sweet potato fries. main thing with the is that I think you should have as many as regular chips since they're sweeter and denser its easy to sicken yourself more quickly with them.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,337 ✭✭✭Dave_The_Sheep

Side story; tried to order for collection from the local Eddie Rockets tonight. Was told I couldn't do so over the phone, because they're "too busy", but I can place an order via the app (**** off) or via Just-Eat.

Found it quite odd and quite irritating. Suffice to say they're not getting my money via Just-Eat either.

• Registered Users Posts: 19,615 ✭✭✭✭Muahahaha

Thats really stupid, talk about making it hard for customers to give a business their money. With takeaway I prefer to always ring up because its just far quicker than faffing out choosing stuff on apps.

The whole idea of apps is to get you to do their job for them and to save them money, its why restaurants/takea aways want to normalise it as the only way to order. Was away for a weekend with some friends recently and an order for 6 Indian meals, sides, drinks,etc must have taken 15 minutes by the time all items (around 30 of them) were keyed in on the app. Everyone agreed that you could have rung it in in less than 3 or 4 minutes and that would have been it. With the chipper I order two items and the phone call lasts less than 20 seconds, far more efficient than an app. Plus you know for 100% certain that your order is in and not have something like a print out in the restaurant kitchen falling on the floor as happened me before when ordering from an app with the food finally showing up almost two hours after ordering.

• Moderators, Science, Health & Environment Moderators Posts: 4,686 Mod ✭✭✭✭Tree

For places that don't do their own delivery, you have to use the app so the delivery company gets the fees. No idea why they'd insist on i t for collection though.

I'd imagine that, for a very busy outlet, taking the calls and orders just takes up too much of someone's time. I guess it's the same reason you can't phone up your local Tesco and order your shopping.

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭eusap

There seems to be a shortage of Sweet Potato or its got expensive, seen other restaurants that also took it off the menu

• Registered Users Posts: 26 superhelpful

The companies take their big cut on collection orders as well.

• Registered Users Posts: 658 ✭✭✭eusap

• Registered Users Posts: 20,929 ✭✭✭✭Ash.J.Williams

Hi All,

just a quick note to mention that if you bake a sweet potato and add white miso sauce to it the result is f**ing amazing.

ok folks

stay safe out there!

Advertisement