Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Moving a Dublin bus stop?

Options
  • 07-05-2022 2:31pm
    Registered Users Posts: 1,104 ✭✭✭

Viewed a house today and think it has great possibilities. There is one thing putting us off though.

There is a bus stop right outside the garden and it would stop us getting a car into our driveway if we decided to put one in.

It also means we would have no on street parking outside the house.

Does anyone know if it is possible to get a bus stop moved? Even 6 feet (and still outside the house) would be enough.

Or is this simply a no go?

In case it matters, planning permission had been granted for the driveway conversation.

Thanks

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 665 ✭✭✭goldenmick

If planning permission has been granted for the driveway conversion then that should be all the ammunition you need when approaching the council to request a slight movement of the obstructive bus stop.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,368 ✭✭✭JimmyVik

My Dad got a bus stop and an esb pole moved about 15 years ago when they widened the driveway. Not sure what the process is but it can be done. I remember both were done on the same day in about an hour. I think he got no joy with either ESB or Dublin bus, but got it done through the council.

• Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

If the bus stop has been modernised - shelter, Kassel kerbing, RTPI display (or even just some of these) - you could find that the cost to you of having it moved would be eye watering.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,340 ✭✭✭TheW1zard

Check if the house in on one of the new bus connects routes. In the slim chance it is you ,ight get the work done for you

In my Dads case it didnt cost him a penny. ESB pole didnt cost him a penny either.

• Advertisement
  • Moderators, Business & Finance Moderators, Motoring & Transport Moderators, Society & Culture Moderators Posts: 67,723 Mod ✭✭✭✭L1011

Its not free now. ESB price usually starts at 2k to move.

• Registered Users Posts: 117 ✭✭GalwayMan74

Must be recent as I had one moved in February and didn't have to pay.

Was moved 6m

I think it is still free. At least it was last year anyway because I know of someone else that got one moved. Or maybe that was a phone pole. Cant remember exactly, but ive never heard of anyone having to pay to move a bus stop or a utility pole. I have heard of people living near us that wanted them moved off their land but were told no way.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,599 ✭✭✭endofrainbow

A neighbour of mine didn't like the fact the there was a bus stop outside the house they had just bought so they got a digger and removed it themselves in the middle of the night.

About a week later it was back in situ - presumably by the Council.

Advertisement