Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Unhappy with BER rate

Options
  • 06-05-2022 9:27pm
    Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭

Just got my house rated only real issue is that I need to remove the oil heating and do the outside wrap

however my rater was a nightmare and did not ask me anything just said without paperwork your windows are 1950s grade and your extensions are 1950s grade due to the age of your house, I did provide paperwork however it says built in 2010 but attic extension is 2018 and downstairs bathroom is 2014

the house has a brand new roof fitted in 2018 when we built a attic extension we also put a new roof on and some how I was told in my report the insulation needs to be put in ? He must have missed it when he checked,

also said my house temp is something like 12c however my smart heating control tells me my avg is like 16.5c in my house,

The report also says I have stove and pipe and don’t have such a thing haha

he also did not provide any recommendations while he was at my house or provide at best guess what rate should I be getting,

like has anyone been unhappy with there rate ?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 7,506 ✭✭✭the_pen_turner

sounds like a diferant house

• Registered Users Posts: 2,258 ✭✭✭ForestFire

With mistake like this, that are easily verified...

"The report also says I have stove and pipe and don’t have such a thing haha"

Send in an official complaint and request it to be redone free of charge (By a different accessor)?

• Registered Users Posts: 423 ✭✭Nicetrustedcup

Yes the report feels like it it in parts that is two different houses, it lists that I have only 5 windows in my house but I have 9 windows,

loads of items are very off one part it says I have a heat pump already but no details about my fire bird oil burner,

i have emailed them back requesting another person to redo my house or refund me as I listed 28 issues with the report,

quastion to see my Engry use are they meant to check my ESB bills ?

• Registered Users Posts: 370 ✭✭Biker1

Don't know what sort of report you got but from what you describe it was not the standard advisory report generated by DEAP. You didn't say what the rating on the BER cert was.

It’s a D1 or D2 however the house has been gutted and rebuilt from the ground up, new roof, highest standard insulation everywhere, and house is so warm, we only have one cold month a year and that’s dec,

like one item I thought was mad was telling me to replace my triple glazed windows and put in double Glazed

window number report was wrong, said there is pipes and wires lose around the house in the report to this is news to me haha,

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 3,386 ✭✭✭celt262

Sounds like a lazy surveyor using an existing template and didn't update it. You are correct to suggest for someone else to do it.

Got speaking to the company, they are going to redo the house said to me the guy used a template and did not take into account the full items and paperwork I provided

spoke to the owner and said my house is a middle C and should be A2 with upgrades

• Subscribers Posts: 41,062 ✭✭✭✭sydthebeat

theres a lot confusing / wrong with the OPs post here.

1. BER assessors do not take the temperature of a house. its a useless piece of info.
    2. The advisory report does not list the number of windows in a house.
    3. An assessor cannot date a dwelling without some kind of evidence, and if there is evidence that the house was built in 2010 and extended in 2014 then that should be used. What evidence did they put forward to say it was built in 1950?
    4. There is no such things as "1950s grade windows"
    5. The BER cert and advisory report will both have the address of the dwelling on it, as listed by the MPRN, so it cannot be a different house
    6. The advisory report does not say if a house has a "stove and pipe" in any case.
    7. BER assessment do not take into account "loose wires" or "loose pipes"

so i dont know what youve had carried out, but it certainly doesnt sound like a BER assessment.

youve said that you got the whole roof rebuild in 2018. Did you do any of the following?:

chrome-extension://efaidnbmnnnibpcajpcglclefindmkaj/https://www.seai.ie/publications/BER-Homeowner-Checklist.pdf

Update was fully refunded for the BAR cert company as confirmed my check was done incorrectly and all details where incorrect and did not check my property correct,

So back to square one again, I have two options use my incorrect rate and retro fit or do another rate correctly and get my correct rate,

as seen another house near me for sale only difference is that it has a gas boiler over a oil boiler and has a B1 rate, basically it has done everything the same as mine new windows doors, new roof and extension built same year as mine,

my report did say roof built in the 1950s and no installation, I can open my hatch to get at my tank and can clearly see all my installation and it’s all the grade they told me to put in

Advertisement