Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Thread ban complaint in current affairs

Options
  • 06-05-2022 2:45pm
    Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭

The moderator "Beasty" has threadbanned me for "whinging about moderators".

I correctly pointed out that housing matters are being shunted away from the property section, because the property section is run by property speculators who want to strangle any conversation that may impact their portfolios.

I clearly stated the current state of affairs, I didn't complain. I literally said "I am not complaining".

So, then, the problem is that these moderators don't like transparency. This moderator has utterly failed in treating my previous complaint. Is it a surprise he's there to ban me from another section too?

They don't want you to post about housing issues in the section for housing, they don't want you to complain about it, then they don't want you to mention that fact anywhere else. They don't like transparency.

I'd like my threadban lifted. If the moderators fellow moderator friends could come to a surprising conclusion, that would be nice.

Thank you.

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭pancratic

To add, if things were straight and transparent, there wouldn't be complaints.

If it's so troubling to be called out for this hypocrisy, then don't do it in the first place. That's how you save effort and time.

• Registered Users Posts: 58 ✭✭pancratic

Speaking of transparency, there wasn't a mention of reasoning why I was threadbanned publicly.

My post was deleted and simply "pancratic is threadbanned"

What's the major malfunction with transparency going on with these moderators?

• Administrators, Social & Fun Moderators, Sports Moderators Posts: 76,094 Admin ✭✭✭✭✭Beasty

As I have indicated when I PM'd you a couple of minutes ago - there is one overriding rule you need to consider. That is "Don't be a dick"

You have failed that rule several times in your short time on this site

If you wish to post here, you must follow our rules

In addition you should have exhausted your PM discussion with me before starting a thread here

Your threadban is not being lifted until and unless I get some assurances from you over your posting across this site

Advertisement