Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cats companion passing away

Options
  • 06-05-2022 12:17pm
    Registered Users Posts: 20

Hi,

My 8.5 month old kitten passed away recently (1 week ago) as he got hit by a car and my 2 year old cat is really upset crying looking for him everywhere.

I'm not sure what to do to help him.

We work 8 to 5 so we aren't there during the day but he can come and go as he pleases through a cat flap.

We give him more attention and love when we do get home .

Is there any recommendations? Also is getting a new kitten an awful idea to keep him company.

We love animals and out hearts are broken over the loss of the kitten so we aren't ready to get a new one our selves but maybe in a month or so ??

Thanks

Comments

I don't think there's a straightforward answer and people will have different experiences. In one house I was in a cat died somewhat mysteriously, the other cat hated him, the dog loved him. For a couple of days the dog was heartbroken then completely fine. The cat seemed fine at first then after a week acted really weird for about a month. If it were me I'd get a dog. :P After that though I'd go for a more mature cat, even if only fully grown. Just in case your cat is too much or might get too attached too quickly.

Sorry about your kitten.

• Registered Users Posts: 20 lyons123

Hi,

We would love a dog but with not being home all day I'm worried it wouldn't be fair on the dog.

• Registered Users Posts: 34,558 ✭✭✭✭o1s1n
    Master of the Universe

Awh no, that's heartbreaking to hear - for both you guys and your cat!

If it were me I'd be getting another kitten at some point, although I tend to see that as a solution to most of life's problems! :D

Advertisement