Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Cookie challenge - every time I load the forum

Options
  • 06-05-2022 9:54am
    Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭

Hi all,

I'm a long time user and generally access boards.ie using Firefox (latest version) on Windows 10 or 11.

I choose a minimal cookie option, with just functional and no third party cookies.

I get a cookie challenge every single time I log on. I specify my choices each time and then the challenge comes up again. This is most frustrating.

From a functional perspective, the board works just fine when I log on after the challenge, so it is not a case of function but why am I challenged each time?

I do not have a clear out set on browser exit, and my log in details are stored in the browser for easy access, so it is not as if I am logging in afresh each time.

I'd appreciate any help you can provide.

Cheers,

LD

Post edited by Spear on

Comments

• Moderators, Computer Games Moderators, Technology & Internet Moderators, Help & Feedback Category Moderators Posts: 25,187 CMod ✭✭✭✭Spear

Is your Firefox set to accept cookies every time, or per session though?

• Registered Users Posts: 1,719 ✭✭✭Lorddrakul

Cheers for the response.

I've set Firefox to reject the party cookies, that's it.

It seems to be happening on Android Chrome too.

Advertisement