Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie
Hi all! We have been experiencing an issue on site where threads have been missing the latest postings. The platform host Vanilla are working on this issue. A workaround that has been used by some is to navigate back from 1 to 10+ pages to re-sync the thread and this will then show the latest posts. Thanks, Mike.
Hi there,
There is an issue with role permissions that is being worked on at the moment.
If you are having trouble with access or permissions on regional forums please post here to get access: https://www.boards.ie/discussion/2058365403/you-do-not-have-permission-for-that#latest

Fri, 6th May, 2022

• 05-05-2022 11:42pm
    Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭

Another day and another shorty I'd like to get beat.

MEGALLAN goes to post in the 2,40 Chester and takes on three rivals. I'm not convinced he stays the 10 and a bit furlongs, and have laid him at up to evens (2.0) . There was a horse of Haggas due to line up, but he's a non now anyway. Don't know what price Willie's 5yr old would have been, but if he wasn't exactly vying for favouritism (ie Megallan perhaps would be a bigger price for this, had the no 1 in the racecard be lining up) with the current jolly, then I'd also lay the fav for the 2 places.

Solid Stone can win at the trip, or close to it, and has done so a few times. Absence aint a worry. Majestic Dawn also has an absence to overcome, and his absence aint too disconcerting neither. Has also won at or about the trip on good, soft and heavy going (hardened up a bit today from soft yesterday, to good to soft today, but may revert to soft if there's any great degree of precipitation). The outsider Certain Lad is another who has won at the 10f trip, but is coming from the back of a long absence, which is a bit of a worry.

Most of the four can be described as frontrunners/race prominently types I feel.

The favourite does have the advantage of a recent run, which saw him run at Newmarket last month, when he came 2nd over 9furlongs. It was a decent piece of form all things equal, but he was allowed to set the fractions that day. The opposition aint the best tbf, and between them they have only managed 2 group 3s in pattern company, but they can stay the trip. I think Megallan will fall short here and he looks like he should be a 6/4 shot or bigger. It's a Group 2 race, and the fav's best victory was in a Group 3. Enough to like for those who want to oppose Frankie and Johnny G. Plus if the going is good to soft, or softer, then I think that won't suit Megallan at all.

A lot of guesswork involved as Megallan has only raced a dozen or so times, but I'm thinking as well, that as his sire is Kingman he can't really win a quality race beyond a mile on ground worse than good.

Can only hope I'm right, but am fairly confident atm 🙏

good luck to all

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 716 ✭✭✭Konny Rool

GIGI'S BEACH 6.26 Wolves best price 13/8 with the books, looks v short, is having a purple patch since joining Alice Haynes with 2 wins from 2. The horse won over 7 at S'well last month and followed up under a penalty at Lingfield over the same trip the week after. He carries another penalty today, but has a poor draw in stall nine at yet another track. I might consider going against this fella later on, depending on how things pan out. Decisions ;(

In the 7.15 Ripon HELLENISTA is worth an e/w bet and is available to back at around 17/2.. Will hope all eight line up - they often don't, to scupper us for that third place :( Has a nice piece of form at the course which would give her a chance in this. Won in August last year over shorter. Has had a recent run, which doesn't necessarily bode well on form strictly, as the filly seemed to fade over 1.5miles. That can be excused as was her first run for about 200 days or more. That said, staying the trip is an obvious question mark.

Looks a wide open race that, and it's hard to know what to make of the 11/10 favourite Evaluation here. He easily won a three horse race last time out on his first run for Dalgleish. That was on top of the ground, and in a slow time. Obviously can't be ruled out, but does have to lump a big weight, and the going today is described as good - currently - whereas the race he won last time over 2f shorter was on good to firm. Couldn't be having him all things considered.

Hellenista has shortened a fair bit; was just checking the odds there, and she's a best-priced 13/2 shot for the 7.15

Hard to see the C/D winning BOARDMAN not going well here in Chester 1.30. Drawn in stall 8, will hope Jim can get him into a good position early. Could possibly be a hostage to fortune, so will go win here, at what looks like a generous price of 5/1

good luck everyone

In that same 1.30 race REVICH is a C/D winner, might prefer softer ground (over this particular trip/track, but not paramount), but is drawn in stall one which is obviously good, Harry Davies takes off 7lbs. He can be held up, but his CD victory came from making all from the lowest numbered box. Will back him win and place. 7/1 the odds of reward.

• Advertisement

did rev forecast on them two 1.30 picks at Chester

good luck !

• Registered Users, Registered Users 2 Posts: 3,065 ✭✭✭j@utis

What about Boosala in the opener in Chester? Still lightly raced, won on soft, R Moore and Haggas are on fire lately? I'm tempted :D

4:35 Ascot - Sisters In The Sky 12/1, he won a class 2 last season, this is class 4, didn't run too bad on his return this year, should be in the mix.

8:15 Ripon - Golden Sand 7/2 is re-opposing Autumn Festival on 2lb better terms, he was beaten by only a neck last time they met, wide draw is the worry though.

GL all.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Moore is having one of those goldentouch festivals so I'm on Cleveland e/w 4places in the Chestercup

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 1,531 ✭✭✭pottokblue

Kingslynn WIN in the next Boodles secretgarden stakes

That was a fantastic ride on Cleveland by Ryan Moore. Well done on picking him pottokblue !!

Did them two picks of j@utis in singles and e/w double. Good luck to us :DD

Think Mews House 2/1 is vulnerable for a couple or three places in 6.15 Rip , and a bit to take on trust to back Evaluation at 6/5 in 7.15 there. Hopeful enough that Gigi's Beach might just not get the run of the race today in 6.26. No strong fancies and will leave the rest be.

Might go out and see what fresh air tastes like this weather 🙂

8.10 MY SILENT SONG & STELLAR QUEEN

a lil e/w on these two at Notts

Well, that didn't go to the plan. I had three alerts in my mailbox for 4:35 - Sisters In The Sky, Secret Strength and Sterling Knight - I picked the wrong one from the bunch thinking that Sisters' had more class in him. In 8:15 two market leaders went off like scalded cats only to be caught in the last half furlong by the one running on from the back.

Advertisement